Benefits of Prenatal Massage
Each trimester brings its own issues, which can be helped with massage, but throughout the whole pregnancy, benefits include:
- Stimulating blood flow (which may prevent anemia)
- Increase muscle tone and flexibility (alleviating muscle cramps and spasms)
- Stimulates lymphatic system (which may help prevent/reduce edema)
- Relieve headaches
- Help alleviate morning sickness
- Reduce fatigue
- Alleviate backaches and leg cramps
- Better and more restful sleep
- Alleviate ligament pain
- Relieving aches and pains
- Alleviate stress on weight-bearing joints
- Helps moms-to-be learn relaxation skills (very useful skill for childbirth)
- Release physical and emotional tension
Pregnancy massage is different from a regular massage because it involves specific techniques and necessary precautions to enhance the health of the mother and her baby. I use a standard massage table and you will be in a very comfortable in a safe side-lying position. Prenatal massage is done after 12 weeks gestation, in the 2nd and 3rd Trimesters only. Please let me know if you develop high-risk symptoms.
30 and 60 minute sessions available
I truly enjoy giving moms-to-be a deeply relaxing therapeutic prenatal massage that provides so many healthy benefits. My advanced training and experience allows me to blend specialized tecxhniques to create a unique session customized to your specific needs. Ready to start feeling better? Call to schedule your own prenatal massage today. I look forward to sharing this amazing work with you.
Benefits of Postpartum Massage
Congratulations! You had a baby! As a new mom your body has gone through monumental changes. Women are often shocked to discover that the discomfort of pregnancy and childbirth isn't the end of their pain. No, I hate to break it to you, but once the baby is born, you will have a whole new set of aches and pains to deal with.
Here's the good news; massage therapy can help with several of the culprits. Postpartum massage can assist to speed the healing process, enhance sleep and ease your transition to motherhood. Special cushions cater to lactating moms in comfort. From my experience as a professional doula and a birth mother of seven, I understand the postpartum period. Ready to care for yourself so you can better care for you newborn? Call me today!
- helps the mother heal after delivery.
- can be done immediately after your baby is born.
- addresses the upper back, neck, shoulders, face and scalp, arms, hands, low back and legs.
- Work can also be done on C-section scars after 6 week appointment and clearance from your care provider.
- is generally done only in the first 3 months after delivery - after that, you will schedule your Custom Therapeutic Massage session.
30 minute & 60 minute sessions available